Pages

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Haunted Houses are Cool.

Okay, so if you know anything about me, you will be very aware that I am completely OBSESSED with going to haunted houses. There are plenty of haunted houses to choose from in Utah; they’re literally everywhere. Here are a few of my favorites:

Photo Courtesy of Nightmare on 13th



(This one isn’t really scary, I just find it really fun for some reason.)

Sadly, I all of the haunted houses I’ve been to are hands off. This means that the actors can’t touch you, and you can’t touch them. However, there are many, many, many haunted houses where you can get hands on, and I bet you can guess what that means: they can pull you away from your group, throw things at you, grab you, and do many other crazy things. I know that that sounds sketchy as hell, but I’m actually getting bored of the normal ones. Luckily, you can choose if you want hands on or hands off in most of them. Here are a few that I plan to go to this year:

(It has “five levels of fear”, and most people chicken out when they get to the top two.)



There is a haunted house though, that I will NEVER EVER be going to. That my friends, is Asylum 49, the sketchiest of them all. I have some friends who are going this weekend, and really I hope that they don’t die. There’s no choice of whether you want hands on or hands off, you just go in and they can do whatever they want to do to you, and IT IS BRUTAL. Shortly after buying your ticket, you walk up to the front of the haunted house where (if you are unlucky enough) people will surround you and take quite a few people away from your group. If you are extremely unlucky, you be the person taken away; they will put a bag over your head and take you to a random room and strap you down to a bed. Then, the “crazies” will “work on you” with actual medical equipment. They can’t actually hurt you, but they can get up to about a centimeter away from you with a chainsaw or some other scary thing. Then, the people in your group will have to walk through the hospital, alone, to come and find you. If they can’t, nobody will be sent from the staff to go and look for you, and you will just have to stay in the haunted house until it closes. And the worst part is: they can pull you back in once you are outside. So ya, that’s why I’m never going in there, and if you are brave enough to try it out, I wish you good luck. Also, make sure you tell me how it was afterwords :p.

Photo Courtesy of Asylum 49



-Allie

3 comments:

  1. *Heck not h*ll
    *Afterwards not afterwords

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allie, your blogpost was very descriptive and makes me want to go to a haunted house. AND select the best one that wont make me poop my pants or get locked in a closet for a period of time. If you want something less scary and what Mr.Parker calls 'spooky' you can visit my blog cpalmer18.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Castle of Chaos only has 4 levels

    ReplyDelete