Pages

Friday, January 16, 2015

Strange Fears

I have some pretty weird fears. The fear of not being good enough, getting lost in a foreign country, the dark (actually more like the things that may lurk in the dark), being depressed for a long period of time, not being able to get into college, and quite a few others that aren’t really “cliché”. As for my stereotypical fears, I am afraid of clowns, spiders, heights, and failing at life (even though I kind of already have). If you think those are weird though, you should see some of these:

Photo Courtesy of Dreamatico
  1. Ablutophobia: The fear of bathing yourself. Ew. That’s all I have to say. 
2. Nomophobia: The fear of not having your phone or service all of the time. I relate to this on a personal level as the school’s 4G service is complete crap.
3. Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia: The fear of long words. Ironic much?
4. Aerophobia: Fear of swallowing air. Not breathing, but swallowing air.
5. Boogeyphobia: The fear of the boogey man. Check under your beds, kids. 
6. Cibophobia: The fear of food. Those who have it, bless your soul.
7. Didaskaleinophobia: Fear of school. Again, I can relate to this on a personal level. 
8. Jeliophobia: The fear of laughter. For those with no soul.
9. Levophobia: Fear of objects to the left side of your body. 
10. Dextrophobia: Fear of objects to the right side of your body. 

Can we just take a moment to reflect on these? If you legitimately have one of these phobias, I’m not really sure whether to feel bad for you or to laugh at you. 

11. Melanophobia: The fear of the color black.  Well stay away from my soul then…
12. Panophobia: The fear of EVERYTHING. I don’t even know if that’s possible but okay.

Oh so I just remembered… One time in fourth grade there was this girl and she claimed that she was afraid of the sun so the teachers let her stay inside during recess. Like what??? If I said I was afraid of learning would I get an excuse???

13. Peladophobia: Fear of bald people.
14. Pogonophobia: Fear of beards.
15. Phobophobia: Fear of fear. Well that’s really unfortunate and if you have it why the hickitey heck are you reading this post????????
16. Triscadecaphobia: Fear of the number thirteen. I’m pretty sure that a lot of people actually have this one. 
17. Clinophobia: The fear of going to bed. PARTY ALL NIGHTTTTTTT.

There’s literally about 250 more hella weird fears that I couldn’t get to, so I just chose best ones that I found. Here’s the website we got them from. Link

Maybe I’ll do a part two to this post. Let me know if I should.

-Allie




Shoutout to Jade for reading the names of these phobias out loud and spelling out every single one for me. 

1 comment: